What To Do If An Executor Is Not Doing Their Job
Being the executor of a will or estate is not easy. It is a time-consuming, thankless responsibility. Depending on the complexity of the estate, being an executor can take months and entail a long list of tasks.
It should come as no surprise then that problems can arise.
If you suspect there is a problem with the management of your loved one’s estate (whether it is due to negligence, incompetence or theft), it is important to seek legal counsel from a skilled, experienced attorney. Do this as soon as possible.
At William J. Benz, Attorney at Law in Southampton, Pennsylvania, I have decades of experience in the administration of probate and estates in Bucks County and beyond. I know what legal steps to take if an executor is misappropriating funds or mishandling assets.
Signs That There Is A Problem With An Executor
Below are indicators that the executor might be acting improperly:
- Treating the deceased’s bank account as if it was his or her own
- Refusing to set up a bank account for the estate
- Not returning messages or answering questions
- Giving nonspecific, evasive answers to your questions
- No progress is being made in getting the work done
- Selling of assets to friends or relatives at vastly undervalued prices
- Using the deceased’s property (for example, living in the deceased’s house)
If you observe any of these signs and are worried about what is happening, contact William J. Benz. I take pride in being able to right the wrongs of dishonest or overwhelmed executors.
How To Contact Me
Are you an executor who needs help? Are you a family member who is being cheated by an executor? Schedule an appointment with William J. Benz, Attorney at Law in Southampton, Pennsylvania. Call me at 215-436-9910 or contact me online.